|What is New Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Contents Register Login|
|Wellness Center (O-RO)|
|Leisure World Insider : LW Administration.(O-RO) : Wellness Center (O-RO)|
|Topic: Mission Statement|
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: Mission Statement
Posted: February/15/2010 at 3:20pm
The Mission of the Wellness Center is to provide quality health Services to Leisure World Residents within the limitations of our staffing, facilities, and licensure.
1) The Wellness Center does not have doctors on its staff and should not be viewed as a substitute for a resident's regular Doctor
2) A Registered Nurse is on duty in the Wellness Center. The nurse will be available for a wide variety of nursing services as well as phone consultations. The nurse will be able to direct you to the appropriate source of care if needed.
3) Health records are maintained on all residents and long term lessees. Residents should notify the Wellness Center of any changes in medications, doctors, hospitalizations, health status, emergency addresses, etc.
4) If requested, we will supply names of local doctors, dentists, etc. We also will provide a list of home health agencies, nursing homes, group homes, or any other services such as Hospice, day care or mental health care services.
5) Nurse and security maintain radio contact at all times. Security is trained in CPR. Emergency phones are scattered throughout Leisure World.
6) The Wellness Center will provide some injections with a physician's order. The order must be updated yearly. The Wellness Center will not give insulin injections, but the Center will gladly instruct the resident in the procedure. The Wellness Center will not provide allergy injections as there is not a physician on staff.
7) The wellness Center is capable of providing first aid for minor cuts, skin tears, and abrasions. For surgical wound care, a physicians order is required.
8) Some home health equipment is available and may be borrowed for short-term use. After use, please return items cleaned. If something is in need of repair, please bring this to the nurses attention.
9) The Wellness Center will provide blood sugar readings in urgent situations. If the resident requires routine blood sugar evaluations, the Wellness Center will do them if the resident provides strips for our glucose monitor. We will also gladly instruct residents on the use of their own glucose monitor.
10) The Wellness Center co-ordinates CPR classes for residents. We also provide educational classes on various subjects and work closely with Fitness Center.
11) If you are experiencing a life - threatening emergency call 911.
Edited by 2370johnson - February/15/2010 at 3:29pm
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum